Thursday, August 26, 2010

The 'ekka'


These pictures have been sitting on mr mac for a few weeks, I hadn't even looked at them until last night! While David was in LA, the Ekka came to town! (Ekka is short for Exhibition, I'm not sure how that works....but thats what I've been told!!) I don't know anybody else that actually likes the ekka. People with kids go, because they seem to feel that they have to. Other than that people seem to avoid it like the plague, or the flu (which apparently you are sure to bring home with you if you dare go.) Me? I LOVE it. In Sydney it was the Easter Show. Here its the Ekka. I love it all. What is better than spending a whole day relishing in child hood memories, all the while creating memories for my children?
Growing up my mum HATED the Easter Show. It was busy, expensive, and with 4 kids to drag around it was all just hard work. As a child I never understood why she disliked it so much, I mean, it was only once a year. Taking Scarlet and Jasper this year I was determined to not be my mother! (That sounds awful.....) So, we did it all :)
First stop face painting (I could hear my mother saying "its a waste of money, it will just wash off")


Then the rides. Jasper was a lot more game than Scarlet, and was looking at the rides that go upside down. Thankfully it will be a few years before he passes the height restrictions on those rides.







We fed the baby farm animals, Jasper tried to pick a fight with a goat (he actually did a running head butt into it. crazy child)


And we go to see a lamb being born- Scarlet was a little grossed out by that, as was I.
We ate horrible food, loads of it. The kind that you think you want, until after you've eaten it.


We walked down side-show alley, but only managed to win the really dodgy prizes, we saw people that had won the massive soft toys....but we couldn't pull off such a win :(



We had so much fun, and laughed a lot.




I did briefly turn into my mother, in the showbag pavilion. I did the 'expensive bags of rubbish' spiel and limited them to 2 bags each..... guess you can't fight your genes.




Can you hear the screams of laughter?
Hope your day is full of fairy floss too
m.xx

1 comment:

  1. oooh love them all ♥ i wasn't game this year but maybe next. gorgeous captures of your fairy floss day xo

    ReplyDelete