Friday, August 27, 2010

Ava's Tea Party


Yesterday we had our tea party for Ava, to celebrate the life of Ava Rosemeyer.

"Ava's tea party is about taking time. Making time. Moments put aside to love and laugh with those you adore."


Last year we had a larger gathering of friends and little girls to celebrate, this year it was 'just us'.
Scarlet, Jasper and I spent some afternoons last week planning the tea party, and making decorations. We decorated drinking glasses and straws, we made some fancy umbrellas for our pink milk. We colored paper doilies, and made place cards.
We baked cupcakes, made jelly, and I made my first batch of scones. Scarlet made fairy bread, and discovered fresh strawberries and cream.











We even had some guests from Canada arrive just in time (Thank you Michelle!!)


After some pink milk, and a cupcake or two, Scarlet just wanted to dance. It may have been the sugar content of the party?!? But she went a little crazy....and made it impossible to take pictures :) hmm, not that unusual for her to be too 'busy' for photo's!!








It was a lovely sunny afternoon, while Jasper slept thru the whole thing :( , the wind had fun blowing our decorations in all directions, and my camera was not co-operating with me (yes! I'll blame the camera) It didn't matter. We were together, eating cupcakes!
Thank you, so much, Sheye, for letting us be part of your tea party.
m.xx

4 comments:

  1. What a lovely celebration! The preparation sounds as delightful as the actual party. A perfect way to remember Ava! xoxo

    ReplyDelete
  2. I agree...very lovely and I've just learned of little Ava and her beautiful family and I'm humbled by the experience of reading all of the stories and letters of support. What an amazing way to honour the memory of such a sweet child.
    Thanks Marissa for including my bunnies. It means so much to me. I've inlcluded a post about it in my blog today.
    Hugs,
    Michelle

    ReplyDelete
  3. Miss Marissa, such a beautiful tea-party. Dancing Scartlet + sunflare = perfection ♥

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oh Marissa! I'm just seeing these for the first time today. Wow..everything is so beautiful and I'm just amazed at your gorgeous images. Thank you, thank you..so very much.
    Love Sheye xx

    ReplyDelete