Friday, August 6, 2010

They can't take that away from me.....

I've been a little slow in blogging...but a couple of weeks ago we had the pleasure of seeing two wonderful people get married. Scarlet was flower girl, and as soon as the ceremony was over she raced upstairs to change her shoes. She wore red ballet flats down the aisle, but ruby slippers were much more appropriate for dancing up a storm. She was the life of the party...


I have a love/hate 'thing' for weddings. David and I eloped, for a few reasons, but mainly because the idea of the white dress/ALL that attention for ME just was....scary. I do LOVE going to other peoples weddings, and I would love to plan a wedding, but I don't for a second regret not having one. Matt & Laurens wedding was just beautiful. Amazingly pretty and elegant, but so fun and relaxed. So fun, that I really didn't manage to get a good shot. Of the bride and groom.....or anything else. I was really disappointed the next day when I went thru all the pics that I took, for some reason I just wasn't in the 'taking photos' mode. I was in the 'drinking ridiculous amounts of champagne' mode.

Here are a couple of shots, that I think are kinda cute.

I tried to get David to wear a bow tie.....but he refused. This gentleman, in my opinion, was the best dressed on the night!!!!


This was totally accidental, but its one of my favorites!

Matt and Lauren were also incredibly sweet, and they played mine and Davids 'songs', yes, we have 2. Ella Fitzgerald and Louis Armstrong- "They can't take that away from me" I tear up every time I hear it. They also played The Cure 'Love Song' which is the song David and I walked down the aisle to, or rather, walked down the rainforest walking track to :)



http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tU6wkCxDHCk



and lastly.....my hair piece.... I love it!!!

m.xx

3 comments:

  1. 1) love the snood. 2) love the bow tie 3) ruby slippers? love 'em. 4) kiss kiss kiss - are you going to share the other 300 photos of the two of you kissing?!?!? lol! The photos of the ceremony are gorgeous - what a beautiful dress she had!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Marissa, what a beautiful little "essay" on the wedding. I have to agree with you...my husband and I...we've been married a year...second marriage for both of us...we got married in a quiet, simple ceremony in our garden with our children. We did a "hand ceremony" which was so incredibly personal that I don't think it would have meant much had there been a group watching us!
    You take such amazing photographs! Thanks for sharing!
    Bunny Hugs!
    Michelle

    ReplyDelete