Wednesday, August 4, 2010

the post party come down....




The big day has been and gone.... Scarlet and Jasper had a great time. 18 crazy kids- and we didn't even give them THAT much sugar!!
Here are just some of the details...

Scarlet was, of course, Alice. Lost in Wonderland!

Jasper was the White Rabbit, although he pulled his tail off in a matter of seconds....and I don't have a pic of him with a clean face! Such a grot!!!


maybe HE should have been the Mad Hatter?


David was the Mad Hatter, and I was the Queen of Hearts

So much fun, when everyone dresses up.....

The kids made their own top hats to take home. glue, feathers and 5yr olds? Not a great idea.....still peeling feathers off the floor and table :)


We had colorful/mis-matched food, The Hatter isn't big on co-ordinated tea parties :)








I also found some cheap plain white teapots, cups and plates. I drew 'Alice' images on them, I'm pretty happy with how they turned out.

The White Rabbit Plate

Hatters' Tea Party Jug

Laugh until you faint Potion

Alice with Tweedle Dee and Tweedle Dum

The Dormouse hiding in the teapot :)
We also scattered the table with pretty glasses and jugs

And EVERYTHING had tags 'drink me' 'eat me' 'sit on me' (chairs) 'smell me' (roses, some fresh, some made of tissue paper)

I then made up treat bags, with tiny 'drink me' bottles attached. The big kids got little boxes with images from the book drawn on them, filled with chocolates


I have so much fun arranging a party, I probably enjoy it more than the actual 'party' Is that a bad thing? But now I find myself with....not much to do. Well, I have a lot to do, but no creative projects on the go.....time to clear the desk and go thru my cupboard I guess- lots of incomplete projects in there.

And now for next year.....

m.x

6 comments:

  1. Marissa! You are the most creative and spirited momma I know! Beautiful work and stunning photos as always!
    Hugs,
    Michelle

    ReplyDelete
  2. Everything looks gorgeous and so fun Marissa. You did a fantastic job. x

    ReplyDelete
  3. Marissa, you are so fabulously creative, you should be setting up a "I can make your party amazing" business asap. PS: Want to adopt me?

    ReplyDelete
  4. Wow Marissa!! Everything looks just wonderful, love that they decorated their own hats - fabulous!! xx

    ReplyDelete
  5. I agree with Rikki, total business opportunity, Marissa! Amazing attention to detail! I was admiring your Alice teapot - so impressed that you made it!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Thank you for your lovely comments. It really does mean a lot to me.
    Miss Rikki, I would LOVE to adopt you! send thru the paperwork!!! :)

    ReplyDelete