Monday, November 8, 2010

shopping

Nothing cheers a girl up, after being sick for the weekend, than a spot of shopping :) I have been trying to not shop. for things that I don't need. But I really am quite addicted to the buzz I get from shopping. Its my drug. But drugs are bad. Because if you do drugs you're a hippy. And hippies suck. (that's a South Park line)....but I digress...
So. I wanted to go to the 2nd hand store to pick up some tea cups. I have a small collection, that I have gathered over the past few years, but in the past week I have broken a few, and noticed large cracks in some. Thought I should get some more...... But.Then.I.Saw.This....




 Yes. Its a 1950's bamboo bar. Doll size. I am crazy about Blythe. Some Blythe collectors also collect doll furniture, I never have. But seriously! It's a bamboo bar. I couldn't resist. Wish it was my size!!! Yeah...I'll probably ebay it- after I take some cute pics. Why isn't it my size???? 

I then found these bunnies. bunnies! I need no excuse :) Moss covered bunnies (fake moss...but hey!)


Oh, and I stumbled across this... a glass cloche. I have been looking for one since our Alice in Wonderland party. Oh, how I wanted to sit a giant cupcake under one of these... I finally found one. I took this pic with it sitting over my bambi, but it is currently in the kitchen over my bobble head Obama. So Yes. I have put it to good use!


And I did find some tea cups...







 OMG! Uh huh. Charles and Di. Can't wait for my morning coffee. When I was tiny I would get mum's Woman's Day magazine and cut all the pictures of Charles and Di out, and stick them into the covers of my Little Golden Books, I think I would have been about 5. I was born a royalist. If only for the weekly trashy magazine reading....guilty!

So. Feeling good. Shopping done. David was very impressed. Went to the 'post office' and came back with all these goodies .....
m.x

2 comments:

  1. I'm pretty darn sure there's no cure for this addiction other than quitting "cold turkey" and who...may I ask you...in their right mind...would want to do something stupid like that!!!????
    I love all of your treasures Marissa! The bamboo bar is amazing! Divine! What a terrific find!
    Hugs, hugs and more hugs!!!
    Glad you're feeling better now!
    Michelle

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oooh, I want to shop with you! Fabulous finds ♥

    ReplyDelete