Sunday, September 26, 2010

A flower journey....

In Sydney, staying at Cowan- a tiny suburb, not many people know where it is. 
While I only lived here for the first 6 months of my life...its 'home' 
My great grandparents lived here. 
My grandmother lives here. 
My other grandmother lived here. 
My mum and dad lived here (they grew up living next door to each other) 
My mum has now moved back here, looking after my grandmother. My little sister lives with her. My big sister lives next door to them (in my great grandmothers house).....and my biggest sister lives around the corner from them!!! 
I walked from mums around to my sisters house and was so impressed with all the flowers....So here we have it- a flower journey from mums to kims....

Makes me even more excited to get home and start our garden....







 


















 



I love visiting Cowan. I have so many wonderful memories, of playing with my cousins and spending time with Ma. Watching Poppy garden. Sitting with Nanna while she knitted away. I love the 'sound' of Cowan. The birds. 
And I am loving that Scarlet is getting excited about walking to the corner store to get a bag of mixed lollies. We use to love doing that!!

1 comment:

  1. There really is "no place like home" is there Marissa?
    After 25 years away, I recently moved back to where I grew up and I can't imagine living anywhere else.
    Great photos as always.
    Hugs,
    Michelle

    ReplyDelete