Sunday, July 18, 2010

A very merry un birthday....almost!!



Scarlet and Jaspers Birthdays are fast approaching. I didn't 'do' birthdays as a child, so with a nearly 2 and 5 year old its all still quite new. And awkward.
I don't, in any way, feel sad that I didn't do birthdays.....its almost quite the opposite, but.....I do thoroughly enjoy the birthdays that my babies have. Scarlets first was a "what you want/wanted to be when you grow up" The husband was a cop (because the Fire man costume wasn't available) I was an Artist (still want to be that when I grow up) and Scarlet was an 'it' girl (you know...Paris, Nicole, Kate, Sienna....)

Miss Scarlets 2nd Birthday...


Her third birthday, when Jasper was a mere 5 days old, was a fairy tea party.




Jaspers first, and Scarlets 4th was a circus party. Lots of clowns, and Jas was a very cute circus monkey :)


This year we are having a Mad Hatters Tea Party. I think I may be more excited than the guests of honor....but I figure, pretty soon I'll have NO say over birthday themes, so I might as well indulge while I can :) We are 2 weeks out. I may have gone totally overboard. But I just find it all fun....the planning....the cooking...the decorating- I typed up some quotes from the book.....printed them on pretty card....framed the pretty cards with more pretty paper....was quite chuffed.....the realized....5 and 2 years olds CAN'T READ.


But in all the excitement the invitations have been sent....
Decorations have been made (some of which I don't quite no what to do with...)





And we have also been trying our hand at millinery.... we have the White Rabbit, and Queen of Hearts to 'hat' after all....


So, I'm not thinking of the 'too many' people....or how we are going to keep THAT many 5yr olds entertained.....or whether there will be enough food etc etc. I'm just looking forward to making it all look 'pretty' and hearing the laughter.... cause thats all that matters. yeah?

m.xx

5 comments:

  1. Looks wonderful Marissa, you clever thing! Hope it's a fantastic day, can't wait to see pics! xx

    ReplyDelete
  2. Marissa! May I be so bold as to ask you if I may come all the way from Canada to live with you, your husband, Scarlet and Jasper? Paaallllleeeaaassseeee!!!!
    You are the best momma EVER!!!
    I can't wait to see new photos!
    Hugs,
    Michelle

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thanks Kristen :)
    You certainly can Michelle, as long as you bring all your fury friends!!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oh Marissa, what a clever mummy you are! I remember seeing the images from last year and how wonderful they were. May Scarlet and Jasper have a truly magical day - I can't wait to see ♥

    ReplyDelete
  5. Excitement!!!!!!! Your planning and attention to detail is astounding, Marissa! It looks like the party is going to be phenomenal!!!! And you know what? You have earned the title of wonder woman for giving birth and then hosting a party less than a week later - AMAAAAAAAAAAAAAAZING!

    ReplyDelete