Sunday, October 31, 2010

Sunday afternoon plagiarism....

I've been so focused on photography and crafty projects that its been a very very long time since I've picked up a pencil. Or a paint brush. (painting random pieces of furniture doesn't count!)
I had the desire to draw....and surprisingly the time. But a subject. an idea. was eluding me. I flicked thru some old books hoping to find some inspiration, when I found 'The art of Angelique Houtkamp' under a stack of magazines in the office. Angelique is a tattoo artist and a painter. She is amazing. Every time I look thru the book I am left amazed at her talent. 
One picture stood out. Piaf. 



The dodgy photo really doesn't do it justice. It is so delicate and beautiful. I would love to tattoo a tiny version on my wrist....
Angelique herself is pretty darn gorgeous! (and yes. I photographed the book, because I am too lazy to find a pic on the net to link it!!)





So, still without any ideas, but I gorgeous image in front of me, I decided I'd try to duplicate her Piaf. Now I feel like I've got some rhythm back, and while I was drawing all these wonderful ideas came into my head (original ones...haha)








I like what Ive done so far...but am kinda too scared to finish. What if I wreck it?!

And I mentioned to David that a trip to Amsterdam is in order. Traveling across the globe for a tattoo seems reasonable. yes?

Hope your Sunday has been full of inspiration too :)

m.xx

2 comments:

  1. Love it!!!! You are such a talented young woman, Miss M! So very, very, very creative and artistic and, yes, talented.

    Amsterdam is totally necessary.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thankyou Miss! You know how to give a good compliment (and thanks for calling me young!)

    ReplyDelete