Tuesday, April 20, 2010

ooooh the excitement is killing me....

I am super excited. I have this nervous energy running thru my body. Once again I am being reminded that patience is not my forte...(I was always told that I would learn patience after having babies- I must have missed that class ;p)
So....I went and saw Miss Mimsy, of Mimsy's Trailer Trash Tattoo ( http://www.myspace.com/trailertrashtattoo ) Mimsy is definitely the coolest chic I have ever met!!!


Yes! I am finally getting my tattoo. I've wanted (another) one for over a year, but couldn't settle on an idea. A couple of weeks ago it came to me, so today Mimsy and I sat down and put some ideas down on paper. SHE IS AMAZING! All these random words came out of my head, and she managed to get down on paper something BETTER than what I thought possible!!
Mimsy works out of the most amazing little trailer. Our appointment was in her studio, but I am hoping the tattoo-ing takes place in this little piece of heaven




So, the 3 words that I first said to Mimsy were Elephant, Bunny and teacup. Other words mentioned were tea party, clown, cupcake, polka dots and pink....with these as inspiration-
I was inspired by Belle & Boo ( http://www.belleandboo.com/ ) and drew this picture


And I purchased these prints a while back from A fanciful Twist ( http://afancifultwist.typepad.com/a_fanciful_twist/ , http://www.etsy.com/shop/AFancifulTwist ) They hang in my kitchen, and I smile every time I see them.









Vanessa Valencia does the most magical work. I urge you to drop by her blog. MAGICAL. I love everything about it, and get lost in its whimsy, free, fairytale feel. I love it. And while these pics don't depict the tattoo I want, they certainly depict the 'feel' I want!!!
I also had a few random pics that I liked...

My morning tea cup (that I use for coffee...)
A Kewpie hephalump...

And roses.... :)



So, we will see what Mimsy and I come up with.... I'll wait 'til I get the tattoo to tell you the "why's", but I will say that each element of the tattoo has a meaning....and I am so EXCITED :)

m.x

3 comments:

  1. ooo I'm excited too. Can't wait to see it.

    ReplyDelete
  2. You love the most fabulous things Marissa! I can't WAIT to see what Miss Mimsy comes up with!

    Love her caravan - love anything retro really but that van is divine!

    ReplyDelete